Sounds appetizing, right?
Oh it is.
I was insane to make these – I had no free time last week and the two hours I did have were devoted to being in the kitchen. I used my old tried and true frosting recipe:
1/2 C Earth Balance
1/2 C Vegetable shortening
1/4 C cocoa powder
3 C powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 T soymilk
- Mix the Earth Balance and shortening together until thoroughly combined
- Mix in cocoa until incorporated
- Mix in powdered sugar in small batches until completely incorporated
- Add the vanilla and soymilk and mix until fluffy
- Store in the fridge until using or use immediately. If you store it for later, let the frosting sit at room temperature for a half hour or so before using. Re-mix it too. Ya know.
For the cake, I used Dreena Burton’s recipe for Chocolate Sin-nammon cake in Eat, Drink, and Be Vegan. Hooray!
Oh yeah, and how ’bout that President Obama?