My favorite snacks and my favorite Zacks.
Roasted Tamari Chickpeas
This recipe is really easy and quick – and you can store these guys for later when you’re watching a Saved By The Bell marathon.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 T toasted sesame oil
- 2 T Tamari soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a bowl, coat chickpeas with sesame oil and soy sauce
- Spread chickpeas onto a baking sheet (preferable something with a lip on the edge to prevent liquid draining off)
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Take baking sheet out of the oven, toss chickpeas
- Bake for another 15 minutes
- Let cool and enjoy!
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
I’ll admit this was lunch yesterday with some BBQ sauce. Not so much a snack, but not really ‘lunch’ either.
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 T olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Slice sweet potato into 1/2 wedges – or whatever magical shape suits your fancy. Unicorn shapes? Lightning bolts? Mustaches?
- Arrange slices on a baking sheet, coat with oil, and sprinkle on a desired amount of salt (or any seasonings you feel like – I use curry a lot)
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 20 minutes
- Remove baking sheet, flip slices over, and bake for another 15 minutes
I should let you know that my oven doesn’t seem to heat up all the way, so you might want to reduce these times or the temperature. Don’t want no burnt Zacks snacks.