Now that the weather has been hinting at the arrival of fall(is it here yet?!), I’ve been in ‘hearty breakfast’ mode. Let me introduce you to my favorite dish to devour before an AM hike. This guy is an Easy Tofu Florentine that any crusty eyed morning monster can put together without the aid of 5 cups of coffee. Believe you me, there have been many early morning breakfast mishaps in my life … but this recipe will never steer me wrong.
1-2 T Olive Oil
1 Ezekial Whole Wheat English Muffin
1 C Frozen Spinach
2 slices Extra Firm Tofu
FYH Vegan Caesar Dressing
Nutritional Yeast to sprinkle on top
- Get your giant cast iron skillet ready by heating olive oil on a medium flame
- Cut English muffin in half and place face down on the skillet
- Place the tofu slices next to the English muffin slices
- Flip both the tofu and English muffin when they are browned on the first side
- While the second sides are browning, add frozen spinach to the skillet and sautee until defrosted
- Turn off your stove and begin to assemble! Place the English muffin slices face up, scoop half the spinach onto each face, and top with the tofu slices.
- Spoon the FYH Vegan Caesar on top of the whole magilla and sprinkle as much nutritional yeast on top. Salt/pepper to taste.
I love this recipe because it keeps me full forever and it makes me feel like I’m having a really indulgent brunch without any effort. I put the nooch on top for added B vitamins (gotta have ’em) and a little bit of a cheesy taste. And because I’m a glutton for the stuff. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!