I want to lay out some guidelines for myself in 2010 with a somewhat public audience. This way I can feel the pressure of all your judgemental stares and I might actually hold myself to it. Key word: might.
Here are my goals! Please please please stare at me judgementally.
1. Complete my first Half Marathon.
2. Create something every day. Be it art, music, writing, a new recipe, etc. There are always a few minutes in the day for making something and I’m all too often spending those few minutes watching the Food Network or figuring out which celebrity is preggerz omggg.
3. Cut out negativity and stop comparing myself to other people. This should be number one but I’d like to be able to cross off my #1 definitively at the end of the year. This one I can handle shading in a little bit. What? I feel those reprimanding glares. I’m working on it.
4. Drive less, bike more. Yeah, I can rationalize owning a Prius and being an environmentalist yuppie until I’m blue in the face, but it’s still burning up gas. Plus, biking makes everyone happy! Especially the people in cars who honk angrily and speed past you when you’re on the side of the road because damnit I have to be somewhere and I’m very busy and important and I’m going to show you what a busy important person I am and how fast my car can go!!
5. Pay more attention to this blog! It makes me happy! Remember? I’d like to redesign it. It’s been around for almost two years now and deserves a little cut & color, a little facial, a day at the spa.
That’s not so hard is it? You guys have any other good ones I’m forgetting? Planting trees? Saving drowning babies/puppies? Never writing something like this again?